In order that like sized systems be judged against one another, there are three classifications based on the size of the transit systemʼs budget (new for 2017, prior to this year there were only two size classifications):
- Class 1 – Member Tier 1 (Annual Budget of $36 million or more)
- Class 2 – Member Tier 2 (Annual Budget between $4 and $36 million)
- Class 3 – Member Tiers 3 and 4 (Annual Budget less than $4 million)
Entries are displayed at the conference for attendees to view. An independent panel of marketing professionals judges the entries based on the following criteria:
- 50% Innovation/Creativity
- 25% Production Quality
- 25% Overall Effectiveness
Winners are recognized at the opening session of the conference. Judges may also elect to present 2nd and 3rd place mentions in each category.
The “Best of the Best” Award is chosen from among the first-place award winners and presented to the single best entry submitted. Judges may also select a “Judgesʼ Favorite” Award. In 2014, a “Member’s Choice” award was introduced, with the winner based on the most votes by attendees at the conference.
(click links below to view winning entries by category)